This course consists of 19 audio
CDs of a ten-class sequence on insulin
resistance delivered at the North American
Institute of Medical Herbalism in April of
2006. Included with it are printed class
notes, and a data disk of supplemental
readings and full-text reference texts in
Course objective: The
student will learn the pathophysiology of
insulin resistance, and the influence of
diet, exercise, nutrition and herbs on the
condition. The student will gain
competence in the clinical application of
protocols based on the material learned.
At least 40 classroom hours of previous
studies in herbalism. This course
extensively uses the terminology and
concepts of physiology and pahtology.
Previous studies in these are not required
but would be beneficial.
length: This 8-lesson course is to
be completed within 8 weeks.
materials and CDs: $198
lesson includes an average or 3 hours of
lecture and readings.
1. The Pathophysiology of Insulin
2. The Pathophysiology of Insulin
3. The Influence of Stress and Sleep Debt
on Insulin Resistance
4. Exercise therapeutics, Growth Hormone,
and Insulin Resistance
5. Pathophysiology of Diabetes Types I and
6. Therapeutics for Insulin Resistance,
Obesity, and Diabetes 1
7. Therapeutics for Insulin Resistance,
Obesity, and Diabetes 2
8. Therapeutics for Insulin Resistance,
Obesity, and Diabetes 3
down on this page you can find Faculty
Biographies, and a List
of Tracks of the 19 CDs